People From Nc & Va Help With A Delivery.

Decorating By shyann_rayne Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 2:02am by shyann_rayne

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:13am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone delivered a cake to Pilot Mountain state park? This is one long steep hilly and curvey road. My aunts wedding is at the summit on May 8th and this will be my first wedding cake. I will be doing the attached pic with 10, 8, 6 inch cakes using indydebi's buttercream and satin ice. I plan to transport unstacked and i am using the wilton plastic dowels. I plan to put non skid under my boxs and under my cake boards inside the boxs. I plan to set the boxs on thin foam to help cushion. I will have to hand carry these down to the picnic shelter down a big ole hill, I cannot drive the car
anywhere closer than the summit parking lot icon_cry.gif Any tips? Thanks

Julie
LL

5 replies
rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 6

You're right - it's a killer climb up the mountain. But what you've planned should take good care of your cake on the way up. Just have someone along to steady you on the walk down to the shelter. And have a wonderful day!

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 6

Sounds like you've got it all covered; but take extra flowers, butterflies, & even some 'fillers' for your topper. Oh! and run your AC in the car to keep the satin ice cool (or you at least shade your windows if the cake will be exposed to direct sunlight). Good Luck and I'm sure you'll do fineicon_smile.gif

shyann_rayne Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much, lol. Just want to make sure I got everything covered. Definetly have extra flowers made, and intend on having AC full blast. I am very scared and excited at the same time, to many firsts on this cake. Thanks again!

Julie

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 6

no delivering advice, but wanted to say that is one GORGEOUS cake!

shyann_rayne Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:02am
post #6 of 6

I know, I was happy when she showed me the picture. Her wedding colors are a soft yellow and lavender. I told her she is a brave woman asking me to do her cake, me having never done a wedding cake. She thinks I am up to it, but I just pray that I can live up to what she thinks of me, lol!!! I guess it is a good thing that my first wedding cake is for family and she loves me. Sent her a photo of the flowers I made so far and she was thrilled, so thats one less thing to worry over!

Julie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%