Gabriel Iglasias In My Town!!!

Decorating By Odyssey Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm by Shan8789

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:51am
post #1 of 3

For those who don't know Gabriel is a wonderful comedian who once did a joke about how much he loved chocolate cake. I know he gets cakes at every show, and most of them are store bought. I want to make the best cake he's ever had but I can't even think of a design! There's no time to do figures, and I want it to look amazing but not girly.
So far the plan is a mini choc. cake with marshmellow filling and MMF and "something" design wise. Anyone have any ideas at all to help me out?

Also, do you still need to dowel a mini? I don't want anything inedible in the cake, but I don't want it to fall either... I've never done a mini before.

2 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:15am
post #2 of 3

Gabriel Iglesias is suuuuuuuper funny!! He was in my town a couple of months ago and I remember him saying that he loved chocolate cake and that at every performance he has all these chocolate cake. If I would have known this ahead of time I would have baked him a chocolate cake!!

How about a chocolate cake with alternating layers of ganache filling and marshmellow filling. I would stick with chocolate buttercream and maybe add some poured ganache.....to stay with the "chocolate them". How about adding some liquor to the buttercream like baileys or something icon_cool.gif I bet him and his crew would really enjoy that icon_smile.gif

As far as the dowel is concerned you dont have to use a dowel if it is going to be a single tier cake.

Oh....and just be listening to the "Norma" jokes him and his buddies say...they are too much!! It was super funny to me since my name is "Norma" LOL!!

Shan8789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shan8789 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 3

Maybe you could do a Hawaiian shirt design since that's his main attire icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%