How Much Cake???

Decorating By mom2aeml Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm by leily

mom2aeml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2aeml Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:02am
post #1 of 3

I have endeavoured to make a farewell cake for my kids' school that closes at the end of the year. I want to make a replica of the school to feed 300+. I would LOVE opinions on how to stack it, and how many cakes to bake. It has to be "L" shaped and I am guessing it to be 18 inches by 6 inches for one wing and another 18x6 for the other wing. Bigger if I need more cake. There are 2 portables too.
Thanks for any ideas!

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:24am
post #2 of 3

To give approx 300 1"x2"x4" servings you will need three 18"x24" cakes (this size is known as a "full sheet").

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

To give approx 300 1"x2"x4" servings you will need three 18"x24" cakes (this size is known as a "full sheet").

and these are 2" tall cakes that are 18"x24" each, just wanted to clarify that since Prterrell gave a serving size in 1"x2"x4". for 2" tall cakes the same serving size is 2"x2"x2" (8 cubic inches of cake in each serving)

I can only bake a 12x18 in my oven so I would bake 6 of these and then start cutting and stacking. Since you're looking at each "L" being 18"x6" then you could just cut each one of these in half and stack up. Not sure if the school is one story or two stories, but if stacking all of these makes it too tall can always just lay it down as a sheet cake and decorate it it with the parking lot, play area, grass, etc..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%