And The Cussing Begins In 3...2..1. Go!

Lounge By keonicakes Updated 18 May 2010 , 2:48am by tracycakes

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 78

I absolutely love to decorate cakes, cookies, etc. Why is it though that when I get about half way through it, something comes over me and takes over my mouth? I'm not usually one to over use foul language, but once I start on a cake, oh my Lord, look out, clear the room or cover your ears! That's sort of the joke around my house, when Mom's in the kitchen, be afraid, be very afraid! I'll get this braniac idea and half way through it, I start every time with, WTH (or worse) was I thinking, and it keeps going till the cake is out of my house! Does this happen to you all to? Please tell me I'm not alone with just my sailor mouth to keep me company.

77 replies
zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 78

you're not alone! icon_lol.gif
Hubby always ask's "Does that make you feel better?"
YES!!!!!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 78

Nope not alone, I've been there a time or two!
The last cake I made, DH came in the kitchen after a while to check on me because it was pretty quite in there!

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 78

icon_rolleyes.gif LOL if I didn't cuss, Icould not do cakes!!!!

rltmeng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rltmeng Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 78

Yup, everytime I do a cake, I start with such enthusiasm, by the time I am half way through, I hate doing cakes and wonder why I put myself through it, by the time I'm done, I'm a basket case. But once I take a breather and see the reaction people have to the cakes, I want to do it all over again thumbs_up.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 78

LOL! I am known to have quite the sailor's mouth when I'm in the middle of decorating a cake and things aren't going my way. Just the other day while working with my Cricut, my GP was not cutting properly and I had a very colorful one-sided argument with my machine.

cakeroach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeroach Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:07pm
post #7 of 78

Me too. I start a cake, after conjuring up ideas and getting all excited for about it for a while, then in the middle of it, when I am covered in frosting and my kitchen is a mess, I wonder....why do I do this?? I swear to myself that I am done with cake decorating and all the expense that goes along with it. Then I get all the oooh's and ahhh's and I'm right back at it again.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 78

Me too!!! Hubby keeps asking me if I really do enjoy caking because of the shrieks and words coming out of my mouth when something isn't going right! Add that to the fact that I'm never, NEVER happy with how it comes out!

But, yes, I do love it!!!! I don't think he'll ever believe me!!!!

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:17pm
post #9 of 78

Too funny! And I thought I was the only one...when I baked my mom's last birthday cake she said "Was it baked with Love"? One of my kids answered, "Nope, curse words"!!! So now its a running joke in our house that the cake won't turn out right unless mom gets mad!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:18pm
post #10 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeroach

Me too. I start a cake, after conjuring up ideas and getting all excited for about it for a while, then in the middle of it, when I am covered in frosting and my kitchen is a mess, I wonder....why do I do this?? I swear to myself that I am done with cake decorating and all the expense that goes along with it. Then I get all the oooh's and ahhh's and I'm right back at it again.

Me too!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 78

Not long ago I was doing a cake and everything was going well and suddenly, with great concern, DH asked me if I was okay. "I'm fine" I respond, "why do you ask?" "Because you haven't sworn at that cake once!" icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:35pm
post #12 of 78

Oh Pul-leaze! My language can make my marine son blush! And that's on a GOOD day! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 78

Your not alone! I am the same way. My kids laught at me when I cuss. They think it's funny that I'm talking to a cake and getting very angry with it! LOL I guess it is kinda funny.

langranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
langranny Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:52pm
post #14 of 78

Creating a decorated cake is a little like giving birth. While you are in the process, it hurts like h**l, you scream and cuss and swear you'll never do it again. But the minute they put that little baby in your arms, the pain is forgotten and you'd do it again in a heartbeat...

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:56pm
post #15 of 78

Well, it's official- I have FOUND MY PEOPLE! Tears are streaming down my face and I can not stop laughing! I do the same thing! Sometimes it turns into a full blown crying fit ala Julie and Julia.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:58pm
post #16 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels710

she said "Was it baked with Love"? One of my kids answered, "Nope, curse words"!!!

LOVE IT!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:15pm
post #17 of 78

add me to list of foul language. A cake just seems to bring out the best in me icon_smile.gif

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm
post #18 of 78

Lets see - the last time I made a cake I called everyone to tell them to come over I am having a baking tag sale! Every stinkin &^%$* baking item was up for grabs!

My hubby had to talk me off the ledge that day. Yesterday I started talking about doing another cake and he looked at me icon_eek.gif and quickly shuffled out of the room. Did I tell you I married a very smart man? icon_wink.gif

kimberlyy76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlyy76 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:38pm
post #19 of 78

That is sooo funny! Last week I was doing a cake for my inlaws and only had 12 hours notice! My husband and kids actually left the house and were very happy to be able to do so! I do the exact same thing as you all do! I can't wait to tell my husband that it isn't just me!! LOL

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:39pm
post #20 of 78

Haha...funny this post should be here. I am glad to see so many are like myself. When I am about to do a cake, I'm excited and have all the adrenaline going...my posivity is up and all smiles...then I dive in. Everyone leaves the house. Just that simple. I'm a schitzo when I'm doing a cake. I have to have all the chaos, diversions, noise and anything that moves removed, or else I just may self combust. My family knows they need to go on an outing of somekind before I get to the point of 'suggesting it'. icon_wink.gif

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:40pm
post #21 of 78

I always receive validation when I come to CC!! I love caking; however, like all of you I must cuss like a sailor & very possibly shed a few tears to complete most cakes. I did not see anyone mention throwing fondant. My DH looked at the last figure I made & commented that it turned out beautifully even though I hadn't thrown the first glob of fondant across the kitchen! ouch.gif

dberck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dberck Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:51pm
post #22 of 78

dkltll - For Father's Day last year, I was making my dad a NY Yankees cake (it's in my pictures)..It was supposed to be a 4, 6 cake..I got upset and pounded my fist into the 4 inch layer...it's still the running joke at our house..."Look out, Mom might smash a cake!"

Glad to see I am not alone...just Friday night, I was never doing this again and Sunday I was decorating another one!

I think we need a 12 step program!

crazymomof4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymomof4 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:54pm
post #23 of 78

I too have been known to make a grown man blush with the things that come out of my mouth. Glad I am not alone.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm
post #24 of 78

Yep, me too. Something comes over me, panic I guess, thinking its not going to turn out. Then the words start to fly. People always ask if they can watch me decorate cakes, I wouldn't want them to see me like that. Everyone thinks I'm so calm and nice, when things go wrong, my personality changes.

liztanner30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liztanner30 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:04pm
post #25 of 78

Me as well, my darlin'. icon_wink.gif It's a small vice, considering what else you could be doing. icon_biggrin.gif

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:07pm
post #26 of 78

My husbands says I become a different person all together. Good to know there are "others" out there...lol It just shows how very passionate we are about what we do. We only want to produce the very best. It can be frustrating when things do not go as smoothly as they do in our heads.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm
post #27 of 78

I don't cuss but I have noticed that there is always a moment of panic when I am sure that what ever I am doing isn't going to work and why did I ever start this to begin with.

But I notice that I do this a lot with anything BIG. Ihave noticed friends do this as well--my daughter does this too.

It is when we are on the verge of something big. That moment is telling is we are soooo close. When that happens I just try and take a deep breath because I know that what ever happens it will be wonderful.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:16pm
post #28 of 78

oh honey PLEAZZEEE... my hubby doesnt call me potty-mouth-tessy for nothing !! I have always cussed, but when I am doing cakes, the paint peels from the walls.

I had the screen up in the storm door, and heard my neighbor tell his kids, tess must be making a cake. (I have heard him use the same language working on his truck, so i wasnt too concerned) LOL icon_lol.gif They came over later for cake scraps.

My MIL likes to help me with my cakes, she rarely cusses, and about 20 minutes into making fondant balls, I start to hear bits of cuss words under her breath and about 30 mins into them, well..let just say we actually get a rhythm going.

edited to add: OH YES, FONDANT HAS FLOWN !!!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:21pm
post #29 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeroach

This is me too! I will look around and think....why am I dojng this to myself? There has to be a hobby that is a lot less messy. Then I see the expression on my four year olds face when she looks at her birthday cake and realize that it is more than worth it!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm
post #30 of 78

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I'm pleading the 5TH on this subject.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%