Edible Jewels?

Sugar Work By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 5:22am by deetmar

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:39am
post #1 of 2

I have an order for a "Princess Crown" cake with edible jewels! Ok, so now I gotta figure out how to make that happen. I have lots of experience in making edible pearls, but not the kind of jewels she is requesting. She wants like diamonds, rubies, emeralds... She wants them to "sparkle" and "shine" like real gems!! plz og plz someone help me! What have I gotten myself into this time!?! I am thinking maybe blown sugar?... icon_rolleyes.gif

1 reply
deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:22am
post #2 of 2

lisamenz posted a wonderful recipe for making gems. It's 1/2 cup Isomalt to 2 TBS light corn Syrup. She does her's in the microwave.

I have had great success with this on the stove. I purchased three flexible measuring cups that makes it easy to fill the molds, and can be re-heated in the microwave, easy clean up. My gems come out crystal clear. If you double the recipe, you can make ton's in no time at all. I always save the left over and reheat it. Do a search on her name and she goes step by step how to do this. Make sure you don't overcook the Isomal, it will turn yellow if you cook it too long. Watch carefully. I have learned to trust my judgement and pull it off before it get's yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%