How To Do A Popcorn Cake

Decorating By mia_yamishelle Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 2:38pm by Lauren251

mia_yamishelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mia_yamishelle Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 3

Can somebody give me some tips How to do a popcorn cake for my son 15 birthday...The theme is HOLLYWOOD.... Thanks... icon_biggrin.gif

Alguien me puede decir como hacer un bizcocho de palomitas de maiz.... Es para los 15 anos de mi hijo.. El tema es HOLLYWOOD... Gracias.. icon_biggrin.gif

mi email es: [email protected]

2 replies
SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 3

For the Box all you need is a round cake and for the popcorn part I use mini marshmallow I cut one end in 4 criss cross shape with a scissor and pull apart a little and color the inside of the popcorn with a little yellow food color for the look of butter. I also add clear sprinkles on top to look like salt. before putting the popcorn on the cake I fill the top with yellow butter cream to make it look more full of popcorn.

I hope this helps you out on how to make the popcorn for the cake.

for the Hollywood theme their are great ideas in the cake gallery that you can look on how you'll like it to look like.

Good luck!

I'm going to try to add a photo of a cake that I have done.
LL

Lauren251 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauren251 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 3

I have used both marshmellows and fondant for the popcorn. They are both simple and easy. For the fondant idea I use three balls one slightly bigger than the other two. I connect the two smaller balls to the larger balls to almost look like mickey mouse ears. Then use the ball tool and make indents in the two smaller balls to make popcorn. I used brown paint and painted the indents to look like kernals. I then airbrushed the popcorn (or you can paint it) yellow. The box the idea from above looks great, I have only used rice krispy treats because my popcorn bucket was only part of the cake.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%