Original Circuit???

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 2:13am by Jenn2179

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:10am
post #1 of 4

Hi All!! AC Moore by me has the Orginal Circuit on sale for $99.00, I was wondering If it was worth it to buy? Can it be used for caking? I know others have used Expressions or some of the other more expensive ones. I really can't afford those right now icon_sad.gif ... If anyone has it or used it Please any advice would be Greatly appreciated.. icon_smile.gif Thanks!!

3 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:50am
post #2 of 4

There are many threads about this question here on CC, as well as other places on the internet. Jennifer Atwood has done a great comparison of the two machines (regular paper Cricut vs the new Cake Cricut) on her blog. If you use the search on CC, you will have lots to read. YouTube also has lots to offer. Even the Cricut . com forums have discussions about this.

Short answer, yes you can use this machine. Many suggest the Deep Cut Blade.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 4

Check out Linda McClure dvd, it has all the details one would need to make it work for gumpaste. Her website is also very informative...

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #4 of 4

I used the regular cricut today to cut modeling chocolate and gumpaste with the deep housing blade. Am waiting for my cricut cake and will use the original one to cut paper and stencils.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%