I Hate Petits Fours. Anyone Else? I'm In Trouble Right Now..

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 2:36pm by JCE62108

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:49am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

Jennifer Im going to see if that video will load while Im sleeping tonight. lol. Do you seriously do that many petits fours or are you joking? That's absolutly insane. I bet they look so gorgeous though. icon_smile.gif Do you have special equiptment to make them with? If you do so many I would think there might be an system out there for that....like, maybe a donut froster type thing. I used to watch the ladies glaze the donuts and wish I had that in my house for petit fours. icon_smile.gif I always thought that would be an awesome way to do it.

We used to cut that many by hand, now we have a foodtools slicer, LOVE IT. We still ice them all by hand.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm
post #32 of 35

just wanted to add, I've only made petit fours once and they turned out absolutely perfectly but it was before I knew they were a pain LOL

I just dipped them in melted chocolate w/ a little shortening added to it and they covered really well and the additional shortening made the chcoolate set up a little softer, it was still firm but didn't 'crack' when you bit into them!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:39pm
post #33 of 35

Amazing. I dont think Id ever be going to Louisiana, but you never know. If I do Ill sure pop in and say hi! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm
post #34 of 35

Where are you located?

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:36pm
post #35 of 35

FL icon_smile.gif A bit of a ways from you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%