How Do You Form A Can?

Decorating By tattoodmommy1116 Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 12:49am by ttehan4

tattoodmommy1116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattoodmommy1116 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 7

My cousin wants me to mke a beer can for his birthday. I can't figure out how to go about easily forming that shape without messing it up...(I'm NOT good at carving yet!) Is there a pan out there for this, or is there some sort of obvious trick that I'm missing? thanks!

6 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 7

I did a diet coke cake once.... I used 3 6" round cakes stacked.... not much carving necessary in that case. Hope this helps.

tattoodmommy1116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattoodmommy1116 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 7

lol, wow, don't I feel like a dunce! icon_smile.gif that seems so obvious now! Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 7

LOL, well I didn't think you were a dunce! You're welcome!

Irish_Sue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish_Sue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 7

Someone I know makes cakes in tins like baked bean tins whenever she wants a shape like that, but I'm guessing a baked bean stin size cake wouldn't be big enough for your needs! I've no idea how well it works either as I've never tried it myself icon_smile.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #6 of 7

I've baked in a tin can before... didn't work out too well for me considering that I didn't cut the top of the can off and the cake wouldn't come out! LOL... And I'm not really sure about how safe it is to cook in them?

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

I did a beer can cake I used 6 8" rounds and just cut enough of one side off for it to be flat. It gave it a little bit of a curved can look. Its in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%