Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Baking By Jenniferkay Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 8:15pm by Jenniferkay

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 6

I'm having issue with the chocolate cake recipe I use in cupcake form. It does not bake nice in the lines. It spreads and creates a crust. It's the it's the Divine Dark Chocolate recipe. All ready it's a pain to put in liners b/c it's so liquidy. Do you think if I added pudding it'd help?

5 replies
Jenniferkay Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #2 of 6

nothing huh...well i just tried the chocolate cupcake recipe from the site, they're pretty ugly. I feel like taking chocolate cupcakes off my menu. I can't take this.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

I use this one from Martha Stewart's website. A very nice cake with a moist crumb. Here is the link. HTH
Robin

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/ultimate-chocolate-cake?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/chocolate-cake-recipes#slide_11

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 6

I use the Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe from Cake Mix Doctor for cupcakes and they're great.

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 6

I use darn good chocolate cake recipe any time I need chocolate, (it's in the recipes) I LOVE IT

Jenniferkay Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 6

what a chocolate cupcake drama filled weekend. So I felt defeated after the second recipe..moved on and worked on the toppers for the cupcakes. I felt that I had something, maybe not pretty, but tasted good. In the morning I woke with inspiration. Pulled out the first batch of batter and messed with it. Added more levening...nope. Then added a cup of flour, BINGO! Now I just need to figure out the mix again b/c after fiddling with it so many times Lord knows what I had in it! It's just so weird that with the second recipe they would crust like they did. Anyway...stick a fork in me I'm done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%