Can Not Tolerate Ace Of Cakes Anymore

Lounge By momma28 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 3:23pm by liztanner30

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:17am
post #31 of 41

Occther, on another thread you said you love Pettinice, now you say it's Fondarific you like. Which one is it, or do you like both, perhaps for different things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

Love Pettinice using Jennifer Dontz's white chocolate fondant mixture. Absolutely hate Wilton. Occasionally have used colored for accents only.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:09pm
post #32 of 41

I love both. I use Jennifer Dontz's white chocolate fondant exclusively for wedding cakes. For party cakes I use either or both depending up how much of the white chocolate fondant I have made up. I am getting ready to do a zebra stripe cake with fushia base. I will be using the white chocolate fondant to cover the cake. Then adding some black to chocolate Fondarific for the stripes. But, I have also used buttercream Fondarific to cover party cakes.

In looking at the my previous comment, I should have said that I use either Satin Ice or Fondarific colored fondant for accents. NEVER use Wilton on cakes that are going to be eaten!!! Actually, in looking at my shelf, I am slowly switching all my colored fondants to Fondarific because I can't stand the smell of Satin Ice.

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:36am
post #33 of 41

Fondarific is the only brand I use. I have posted this on several forums but I can't help it. If you don't believe me just try it! It is the best!

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:06pm
post #34 of 41

I'm in the Uk and I used to love Ace of Cakes as we don't have anything like that over here.

But the more I watched the more I've gone off it, think I just like all the fun and jokes they have. I love Geoff and the cakes he makes. But hate it when Duff delivers a cake and takes all the credit.

Plus, I think it's odd how the girls never have their hair tied up when they're decorating, they never wear aprons and wear nail polish. I'd never do that and I'm just little old me in my kitchen.

I think it's a great advert for cakes and how much they could cost.

Lyndsey xx

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:37pm
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndseyb52

Plus, I think it's odd how the girls never have their hair tied up when they're decorating, they never wear aprons

Lyndsey xx

This really bothers me, too! thumbsdown.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #36 of 41

I LOVE Ace Of Cakes, Ultimate Cake Off, Food Network Cake Challenge, even Cake Boss (not thrilled with how he treats his employees) but any cake related show that I can possibly learn something new. And the person who invented my DVR so I can record 4 at a time - bless you!!

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:40pm
post #37 of 41

Ok well I havent been watching Ace of Cakes for that long so havent got fed up with them yet but quick question as I am stuck in US at the mo what channel and when can I watch it over here icon_smile.gif

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:58pm
post #38 of 41

it's on food network. I don't remember what time, I TIVO so I don't know the exact time but you could go to food network website and find out.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:06am
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndseyb52

Plus, I think it's odd how the girls never have their hair tied up when they're decorating, they never wear aprons

Lyndsey xx

This really bothers me, too! thumbsdown.gif

Yeah, this bothers me as well.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:17pm
post #40 of 41

Just wondering --because I truly don't know the answer to this, but how many cakes does Ron Ben Israel (himself) actually produce from his shop, or Colette Peters, etc. I think, more often than not, once they gain a reputation their assistants (and interns) produce much of the finished product while they attend to running the business side of things such as personal appearances, classes, endorsements, etc.

liztanner30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liztanner30 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:23pm
post #41 of 41

I haven't watched it in over a year...it annoys me too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%