Email Trojan Being Sent....be Careful!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 11:53am by KHalstead

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 6

I dont know if anyone else has posted this yet, so my apologies if this is a repeat (just dont have time to read the forum these days!)

The following email contains a Trojan file called Trojan.Sasfis It will do some serious damage to your computer if your virus program doesnt catch it.

Hello!

Unfortunately we were not able to deliver postal package which was sent on the 20th of January in time because the addressee's address is inexact.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

United Parcel Service of America.

There is a zip file attached. DELETE this email immediately!!! Do not OPEN IT! There is also one from DHL and Fed Ex going around////

LOrie

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 6

Thank you so much for letting us know, Lorie.

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 6

I got that email and just deleted it. Thanks for the warning to all!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

I have had similar ones that say they're from amazon, that have similar things.......I clicked on the email to open it and my whole inbox on my email went blank and I immediately shut my computer off and there wasn't any damage, so be careful....there are several going around!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much, I have packages due to arrive anytime, and I might have clicked on it, thinking it was due to delivery dates, delays. THANK YOU !!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:53am
post #6 of 6

yeah, it says something to the affect of " Problem with your amazon.com purchase/shipping"

The time I clicked on it I had ordered something literally an hour before I got that message and I thought.......how could it be shipping THAT fast..........but then I clicked on it and my whole pc went haywire, my DH is a pc guy and he always tells me in order to try and minimize damage immediately power down your computer! Then he restarts it in safe mode and that's what happened......turns out that email was a virus!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%