Get Well Cake

Decorating By catsmum Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 3:31am by cakesrock

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everybody. I am a new member to the site although I have been visiting for some time and am always amazed at the information available.
I am looking for inspiration for a cake. I have a friend (elderly lady) who is going into hospital for a potentially serious surgery. I would like to make a Get Well cake for her return home. I've searched the internet but so far haven't found much in this category. Any ideas? I usually work in sugarpaste rather than BC or RI. Many thanks in advance.

3 replies
Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 4

Hi

I suppose it depends if you think traditional flowers, a cute design using a hobby of hers or a funny cake topper would be more her thing.

I made a cake topper once and it was a gumpaste greetings card with a cut out in the front and flowers peaking through, that could be made into a get well card...it was much easier than it sounds.

Just a thought icon_smile.gif
LL

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much for the prompt response. Your topper is beautiful although I am quite new to cake decorating so don't think I could manage such gorgeous flowers. I could try with some simpler flowers I suppose. Did you use modelling paste for the card or pastillage?

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:31am
post #4 of 4

I made a cupcake bouquet for my neighbor who just got out of the hospital after a major surgery. She really enjoyed it and it was different. They are quite easy to do and there are lots of tutorials on line. icon_smile.gif

I also saw an adorable 'get well' bowl of soup and crackers on here once!
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%