Im Stuck!! Ideas Needed!! Black, White, And Pink Baby Shower

Decorating By rachpizano Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 5:29am by antonia74

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 11

I have a clients who wants a baby shower cake she want a black white and pink bab shower cake. She wants it to be elegant but look like a baby shower cake. I really need some ideas with this Im stuck!! HELPP

10 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:50am
post #2 of 11

Sounds like the colours for a Parisian theme to me! icon_smile.gif

What about the Paris/Eiffel Tower/poodle-themed cakes? I'm not sure exactly what she means by "elegant".....maybe you mean more simple/classic than funky/modern, more swags/swiss dots than teddy bears/blocks maybe? You can always change colours to black/pink on any cake you see though. These could be baby-themed at the same time, non? icon_lol.gif

If not, here are some others that use those colours and might do?

(Sorry, I don't have all the names saved of the artists to credit them here.
The two-tiered floral cake is done by Leda's Bakery, but unfortunately that seems to be the only one I know.) icon_sad.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL

rachpizano Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:58am
post #3 of 11

I think the problem is that she just doesn't know what she wants and just want something that looks really nice. I really like the three tier with he poodle but I'm worried about the pink she requested. Watermelon pink. its so bright.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of 11

Sweetsugarbelle has some really cute pink and zebra-stripe baby shower cookies, which might give you some idea for a cake. Here's a link:
http://sweetsugarbelle.blogspot.com/2010/04/ayumi-baby-platter.html

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachpizano

I have a clients who wants a baby shower cake she want a black white and pink bab shower cake. She wants it to be elegant but look like a baby shower cake. I really need some ideas with this Im stuck!! HELPP

Ha! do we have the same client?? i have the same request coming up in May. can't wait to see what you come up with!

rachpizano Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 11

lol its possible. maybe we do. I think I am going to do...... I have no idea the freaken watermelon pink is throwing me for one heck of a loop. Its sooo bright. Im frustrated!!

antonia74 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:08am
post #7 of 11

Sorry, those pics weren't much help. You didn't mention the shade of pink was watermelon before. I just assumed pale pink.

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:50am
post #8 of 11

Have you tried, PinkCakeBox.com? My daughter-in-law found this site for me while looking for a shower cake for her best friend.

rachpizano Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:39am
post #9 of 11

I loved those cakes and I saved them I should have put the bright pink. Im running out of time and I think I have a few ideas I guess we will just see what happens lol.... I didnt think about the pinkcakebox good idea. thanks

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:24am
post #10 of 11

recolored to give an idea of what might be
LL

antonia74 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:29am
post #11 of 11

Doug, you're awesome! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%