Just Had Someone Call..

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 12:19pm by Enchantedcakes

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:08am
post #1 of 15

for a football helmet! Ok.. wait for it... for 3 PEOPLE!!!! Ummm.. no! I really couldn't contain my laughter! My son said.. wow that would be a really tiny football helmet! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:18am
post #2 of 15

OMG...how about making them a cupcake LOL!!

I swear some people are just clueless...but hey, I'm glad you had a good laugh cuz I did icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #3 of 15

hahahahaha

I've got one that I need to return a call on. They want a 3 tier for 20 people. My smallest 3 tier serves 75. We'll see how that goes.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #4 of 15

LOL! Don't you love some of these requests! I've had someone call for a 3 tier topsy turvey for 6 people! LOL! I guess I could have made it out of teacups, right? icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:24am
post #5 of 15

I don't get people like that! I mean at least they could say "how many servings is your smallest two tier/three tier?" rather than just come right out and ask for three tiers to serve 25. haha.

tarheelgirl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:26am
post #6 of 15

She said.. "This might be too small of an order for you, I know you are used to big wedding cakes" I was like ummm.. this might be too tiny for me for sure! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

A cupcake is really the smallest thing I offer! Cut it in 3 small slices and wahhhla! hahaha

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:29am
post #7 of 15

The only thing I can figure out is that people want the cool 3D stuff but they figure if they get a tiny one it will be cheaper...

tarheelgirl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:32am
post #8 of 15

Honestly, if I COULD make the helmet 3D in "size tiny" it would be double my price! icon_biggrin.gif

I would love to see a 3 tier topsy turvey for 6 people!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:56am
post #9 of 15

People just don't know...

My last cake order was for 25 people, but they wanted a 3 tier....so they paid for the difference and I gave them what they wanted.....a lot of extra cake!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:10am
post #10 of 15

hehehheheh.. cupcake helmets??? hehehhe... tell them you make them (whatever size) and that it will just be 3 REALLY big pieces of cake. and the that the price is per whole cake.. not per slice!!! icon_lol.gif

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:28am
post #11 of 15

A football helmet could serve three people--there would be a ton of left overs icon_smile.gif.

Edited to correct spelling error.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:05am
post #12 of 15

I am a hobbyist who gives cakes to family and friends. My DIL wants a cake for a baby shower she's having. Two tiers-10" and 6"- for ......15 people.

Oh, well, she's family.

I should probably send take-out containers along with the cake!

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:22am
post #13 of 15

I get inquiries like that all the time. People ask for a three or four tier cake for 12 people, and then refuse to understand why it's not possible.

Heck, the smallest cake I'll do is an eight inch round.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:54am
post #14 of 15

did she say what size slices she would be serving lol...........I always make way too much cake.......and some how it always gets eaten. icon_smile.gif

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:19pm
post #15 of 15

I had a final consultation with a bride last night and she asked if there was a price diffrence between 25 and 20 servings for her bridal shower cake. It is a topsy turvy that already has two dummy tiers. I said no there is no price diffrence as the bottom layer is as small as it can go and still give you the look of what you want. She said ok. I didn't mind the queston so much as I am doing her bridal shower cake, wedding cake, grooms cake and favors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%