Stacking And Decorating Cherry Blossom

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 4:59am by Chippi

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing my first wedding cake next month. I am very nervous and am trying to plan out everything. The reception is at the zoo, and she can't invite quest in until the zoo closes. So she only gets like 1/2 hour for decorating the pavillion and reception time which is a catered meal. I am staying at the wedding to serve cake. (A little paranoid and want to make sure nobody does anything stupid. ).

I am making a 5 tier cherry blossom cake. Thing is to look right it needs stacked when decorating. But no way I can drive with that size of cake. So I was thinking of initially stacking and drawing the branches out. Then remove the top 3 from the bottom 2 tiers. and place all my blossoms. Travel with it this way. I thought that in the parking lot, I could place together, and then we would be able to drive up close to the pavillion and further carry the cake to the table. But really don't want to carry the five teir either, I guess I can place together at cake table, but just concerned that too many people around and I will already be nervious. I am just worried my branches won't flow between that top three and bottom two teirs. I have never made this type of cake, but honestly did not think it would be that hard. I can't make a practice cake that size.

Need advice on this type of cake and traveling/delivering. Sorry, for the length, it just sounds better all typed out.

3 replies
shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 4

nobody has any advice????

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:35am
post #3 of 4

I made a 4 tier one, but made sure I did NOT line the branches up, they were "meant" not to line up. Each tier had branches piped on and blossoms attched, took extra blossoms with me and had all 4 cakes in the trunk of the car. Stacked them at the venue (dowels were already inserted), stuck on some more blossoms randomly and piped the border. I bantered with the client all in ggod fun, trick is either talk with them or ignore them, tell them you need to concentrate, which ever works best for you. My daughter handed me the stuff I needed and kept the kids away. I was done in half an hour
LL

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #4 of 4

Here is a cake I did w/ cherry blossoms. HTH's
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%