Amaretto Cake

Baking By tumbled129 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 5:22am by AnotherCreation

tumbled129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tumbled129 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:09am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any good recipes for an amaretto cake? My bride wants an amaretto flavored cake with regular buttercream... Even if theres is a good amaretto cake mix that is tasty an help would be appreciated...

4 replies
lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:24am
post #2 of 5

This is one of my recipes for amaretto cakes, you can omit the almonds if you wish.

AMARETTO CAKE

1 1/2 c. chopped almonds, toasted and divided
1 (18.5 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix without pudding
1 (3 1/2 oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. amaretto
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. amaretto
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Sprinkle 1 cup almonds into bottom of a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, amaretto, and almond extract in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds.

Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.

Combine sugar, 1/4 cup water, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and gently boil 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.

Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup amaretto and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Punch holes in top of cake with a wooden pick; slowly spoon glaze on top of cake, allowing glaze to absorb into cake.

I hope you like it.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:24am
post #3 of 5

You can give this one a try, I never tried it but it sounds delish HTH

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7516/amaretto-puertorican-cake

tumbled129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tumbled129 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:08am
post #4 of 5

Thank you I will try them both

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:22am
post #5 of 5

Amaretto is an "almond" flavor liquor. You might want to ask her but she may just be looking for the almond flavor. I use the wasc recipe posted here on cc and use 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond flavorings

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%