Large Cake Tasting

Decorating By PeggyMichel Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm by antonia74

PeggyMichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyMichel Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 2

I am having a large cake tasting at a venue. I usually meet with one bride at a time. This time two wedding coordinators have arranged a large tasting for 7 different brides and their families at one time at a venue. There will be 15-17 people. I am not sure how to go about this. Have any of you done large tastings like this? Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 reply
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 2

We hold consultation dates and have multiple private appointments one one date....though we do these via our business consultation room, not through a wedding co-ordinator. (Just curious....are they asking for cuts/% for any bookings from you?)

I would think it would be rather impersonal.

icon_sad.gif

As a bride, I'd love to taste....but I'd feel it a bit difficult to ask questions in a large setting like that. I love the one-on-one. They really want to tell you all about their wedding plans and to see what you can come up with. That might be difficult in a setting with such a large group....unless perchance they arrive one after the other, then it might work.

I'm thinking they are all going to ask you for a private appointment to talk about their needs anyway...which is good because you've grabbed their interest, but bad because you'll just have to do the whole thing over again. icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess I'd just treat the day as if it were a tiny wedding show. I'd do a booth setting, have my portfolios there, business cards, dummy cakes, cake stands, samples. As much as I could have to occupy people (i.e. show them what I offer) while I'm off talking to one couple about their needs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%