Color Palette Help!

Decorating By dreamcakesmom Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 2:16pm by Chasey

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all,
I've been requested to make a present cake for a bridal shower. TYpically my present cakes are b-days and look like birthday presents so I wante to really make sure this one looks "bridal". I am doing a 10" square with an elegant bow and was going to add some ribbon roses to make it more elegant. My problem lies in the colors. Bride loves shades of pink and also in her wedding she has touches of navy blue? Pink I can do standing on my head but how do I add elegant touches of navy blue that look natural to the design? Any ideas??

7 replies
Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 8

Could you make the bow blue?

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 8

You could paint some navy designs onto the bow/ribbon or onto the "wrapping paper". You could do a dual-color bow (pink and navy) to go with a subtle print in the "paper".

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 8

Maybe you could use it to detail the creases in your roses? Is she doing a dark pink like watermelon, or a soft pastelle?

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 8

If you were doing an open box with tissue paper thing, I would suggest navy blue paper inside your pink box.

If your cake is a square with the lid closed, what about running a thin navy blue line of fondant on top of the elegant bow and ribbons you are planning? A two toned bow and a pink present?

dreamcakesmom Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 8

thank you all. Such a great variety of choices to think about. Cake is for Sunday I will post my final product!

dreamcakesmom Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8

So this is what I came up with. I tried to do a striped ribbon which failed miserably so I adjusted and did more of an elegant look and although I am not a fan of unnatural looking flowers (color wise) I went with the idea this is pacakging for a presnt not real flowers and added a little pearl in the middle of each to make it a little more elegant.

I added pics to CC under my name. Couldn't figure how to attach them to this post.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onceuponadreamcakes

I added pics to CC under my name. Couldn't figure how to attach them to this post.

You can provide a link if you can't attach the picture. (there is an add an attachment button under the reply box. Just shrink your photo in Paint or use photo imaging software such as imageshack.com to generate a smaller version. Usually an "email" size will work.)

To share a link, just open up your page where you have your cake and then copy and paste the web address into your reply. We can click on it from there. icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1641175

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%