Dulce De Leche

Español By Ursula40 Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 12:03am by Ursula40

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

Sorry for posting here, but I figured that as this is a spanish filling, you guys/gals would know the answer. I have a client wanting dulce de Leche filling. If I boil the condensed milk, how stable is it? How long can the cake (fondant covered) stay out? the cake is due end of May and the temp can reach 28-30 degrees Celcius. Will aircondition be enough, or will the cake need to be refridgerated?

3 replies
jatis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jatis Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

Hi! I dont have a clue about fillings but I want to help you out. Im just translating what you ask, hopefully somebody will have an answer for you.

Chicas:

Ursula40 tiene un cliente que desea un cake con relleno de dulce de leche. Si ella hierve la leche condensada, ¿cuan estable es? El cake va estar cubierto por pasta laminada/Fondant , se puede quedar afuera o tiene q estar en la nevera/refrigerador? El cake es para Mayo y la temperatura podria estar a 28-30 grados Celsius (82-86 grados Fahrenheit)

Yo no se nada de rellenos pq hasta ahora solo he usado el Frosting como relleno.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 4

Ursula, if you boil it for at least 2 hours it is very stable. Almost the consistency of buttercream (not the same texture of course). I just made some this weekend and used it as the filling. Hmmm delicious. I don't think you need to refrigerate the cake. I did refrigerate the dulce de leche until I was ready to use it. I put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds to make it more spreadable.

Good luck,

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:03am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%