What Are You Making For Dessert On Easter??...

Lounge By foxymomma521 Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 2:47am by JulieMN

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 27

I have been trying to think of what I'm going to make for a few days, and still have no idea thumbsdown.gif . What are you making? I don't want to make a cake, because I feel like its my usual dessert and everyone is probably sick of it icon_rolleyes.gif Any ideas? Maybe a trifle? I've never made one, so any suggestions or other ideas would rock! TIA thumbs_up.gif

26 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 27

Traditional Easter Lamb cake. I have to decide what flavor, though he is more of a center piece than decoration.

I'm going to do two smaller cheese cakes instead of one big one. One I am thinking of just doing a plain cheese cake and topping it with ganache, and if they have pretty strawberries at the store dipping those in ganache as well. The other I am thinking a coconut flavored cheese cake, maybe with macadamia nuts in the crust either topped with a lime or pineapple curd. Kinda leaning more to the pineapple at the moment.

And then brownies and/or fruit pizza.

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 27

I don't make anything, since the kids have so much Easter candy, but my mom always made coconut cream pie for Easter.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 27

For dinner with my husband's side of the family, a strawberry-blueberry short-cake. For my side of the family, a marble cake with oreo filling (trial run for my baby sister's graduation cake).

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 27

I was planning to make this cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1345399

until I woke up this morning with a stuffy head and a bad sore throat, so now I'm taking the easy way out with a lemon meringue pie. Hopefully, I'll get to make that cake another time soon. After all, it's not necessarily just for Easter.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 27

That bunny bottom cake is hilarious! I may just have to make that myself! LOL

I was just going to make a orange creamsicle cake with smbc and lots of flowers on top 'cause I love that cake - but maybe I should do oreo cookie so I can make this one.

foxymomma521 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 27

Thanks everyone!

melissad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissad Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:37am
post #8 of 27

I'm doing a cake with lemon curd filling, but now that you mention a trifle that sounds good too...

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:35am
post #9 of 27

I am making a Strawberry Shortcake,a 14 layer chocolate cake,a peanut butter pie and a Red Velvet cake. We have a huge family with lots of different tastes. And I forgot a pecan pound cake also.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:41am
post #10 of 27

would love to do a bunny butt cake...

but I've been wanting to try Mermaid Bakery's vanilla cake..so I'm doing a strawberry butter cream and arranging fresh strawberries on it..that's Easter-y..no?

I was going to do a strawberry pie..so you could do that if you don't want to do cake..strawberry season is in full-swing!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:05am
post #11 of 27

I am making these.... prterrell let me borrow her idea. I have a variety of colored peeps for mine and am using malt ball speckled eggs. I'll post pic when done. (with a special thanks to prterrell icon_biggrin.gif )

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=595603

edited to add: it takes something that cute to make me make a cupcake!!! icon_lol.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 12:42pm
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatrucker

I am making a Strawberry Shortcake,a 14 layer chocolate cake,a peanut butter pie and a Red Velvet cake. We have a huge family with lots of different tastes. And I forgot a pecan pound cake also.

great! What time should I be over? icon_lol.gif YUM!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 12:42pm
post #13 of 27

I am making peanut butter cupcakes with ganache on top. Something new to try.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:48pm
post #14 of 27

I really wanted to make some fancy easter egg cookies, but we moved last weekend, so I'm also taking the easy way out and making a lemon meringue pie icon_wink.gif

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:08pm
post #15 of 27

Mil's b-day cake. lol

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:43am
post #16 of 27

Chocolate chip cookies with the Easter M&Ms instead of chocolate chips.
Keylime cheesecake.

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:19am
post #17 of 27

Same thing I make every Easter. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing. What can I do, my family loves it.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:39am
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieD-oh

I really wanted to make some fancy easter egg cookies, but we moved last weekend, so I'm also taking the easy way out and making a lemon meringue pie icon_wink.gif

Wow, I don't think lemon meringue pie is taking the easy way out! Pastry, filling, meringue, at least 4 different bowls! Way too much washing up for my liking. icon_smile.gif We had cheesecake, that my sister-in-law made.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:42pm
post #19 of 27

Strawberry pie-and not with the icky store-bought red goo, but with home made red goo.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:04pm
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

I was planning to make this cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1345399

until I woke up this morning with a stuffy head and a bad sore throat, so now I'm taking the easy way out with a lemon meringue pie. Hopefully, I'll get to make that cake another time soon. After all, it's not necessarily just for Easter.

Okay, I'm officially the Easter grinch -- I've had to cancel dinner! I wrote the above ^^ on Friday, then I woke up so congested this morning, coughing, and absolutely NO voice!!! There were only going to be 4 of us anyway, so my DH is going to pack up some of the stuff that's already made (ham, fruit salad, homemade rolls & pie) and take it to his parents. I feel like such a jerk, but they're elderly and I don't want to give them what I have.

foxymomma521 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:06pm
post #21 of 27

I've decided to take it easy with Chocolate cream pie and a lemon trifle icon_smile.gif I would love to try Key Lime cheesecake, but I've never even made a cheesecake before! icon_redface.gif
They kind of intimidate me tapedshut.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:18pm
post #22 of 27

the ugliest version of bakerella's chick pops in the world icon_cry.gif

oh, well they'll eat them anyway

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm
post #23 of 27

A 1950s version of a bunny cut-up cake... coconut fur and all !

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 7:24pm
post #24 of 27

Carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Also a couple sugar free desserts, lemon meringue tartes and apple walnut tartes. Both of those are sweetened with agave nectar, so I will be able to eat them!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 7:44pm
post #25 of 27

Here's what I made for Easter.

Reservations.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:19pm
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Here's what I made for Easter. Reservations.

thumbs_up.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:47am
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Here's what I made for Easter.

Reservations.

Now that would have been an excellent plan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%