Need Some Expert Advise

Decorating By eccl1-12

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all, I have a cake coming up in a couple weeks, and I am trying to wrap my head around a couple of things that I need to do for it. The bride gave me the picture on this site:

http://cakelava.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-birthday-marines.html

Sorry, if this doesn't become one automatically, I don't know how to make it a link, if you could take the time to copy/paste and help me it would be very appreciated.

Anyway, it is the 5 tier cake with the crossed swords on the front. We have some changes that I am making in design, but the idea is the same. I have the swords carved out of styrofoam which I will carefully cover with fondant and paint/airbrush. What I dont know is how to then attatch it to the cake. I dont want it to be off kilter.

Also the gold stripes on the second tier up- I was thinking I would airbrush gold then put them on the cake. if the paint cracks at all when I bend it on to the cake, I thought I could just touch it up with luster dust. Will this plan work? If anybody sees a trainwreck coming for me please let me know.

PS I did buy airbrush gold paint and Silver, if anyone has used this before and has input that would be helpful too. I will take all the help I can get!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%