Cakegirls Bakery Tragedy

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:45am
post #1 of 9

I just wanted to express my thoughts and prayers to the Cake Girls in light of this horrible tragedy (their bakery burned down) -- words cannot adequately express the sorrow we are feeling right now. They have been some of my very favorite decorators for a long, long time and until they rebuild their work will be sorely missed. Keep the faith girls. We have you in our prayers.

8 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:52am
post #2 of 9

Not sure if you saw, but there is another thread about this also...it is a terrible thing that has happened to them... icon_sad.gif
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6765646.html#6765646

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:57am
post #3 of 9

I just saw that after I posted this thread. If the mods want to shut this one down, that's fine.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 9

I know. Its so heartbreaking. Makes you feel like doing something for them. Maybe we can donate extra pans or something to help them out.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:16am
post #5 of 9

You know, that's an excellent idea. I have a box of stuff here that I was going to donate to an ICES auction -- but these gals can certainly use it. How does one go about setting something like that up?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:28am
post #6 of 9

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Jackie might know how to contact them? I looked on their website and they dont have an email address. I dont think the phone number will work. The other thing I thought about was just sending them a care package to the address. The post office must have a way of handling their mail in situations like this.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #7 of 9

In the article on the home page there's an email address. I just wrote them but I'm thinking it will be some time before we hear from them. Maybe Jackie can come up with an idea??

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #8 of 9

I noticed that the email they listed was for their customers to contact them. I would hate for us here at CC to clog their incoming email with help offers when they really need it to keep in contact with their customers.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 9

I'm greatly encouraged by everything I've read on this tragic situation -- cake decorators from all over Chicago and all over the country even are stepping up to help in this time of need. It's wonderful -- a light of hope in a dark cloud.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%