For Those Who Don't Get Their Michaels Coupons In Their Emai

Decorating By cownsj Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 6:15pm by TexasSugar

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 18

Ok, I know I get frustrated because I am signed up with Michaels, and yet never get their coupons in my email, just the weekly sales ad. I know I've read at different times that other people aren't getting it either. So, I wrote to them today about it and got the following reply; hopefully this will help resolve it for others too.

New Entry: Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your email regarding receiving Michaels coupons. Aftersearching our database we have found that you are not registered to receivethe Michaels e-newsletter. Please log into your Michaels account, beneathyour contact information select ¿Update account¿. Please make sure thatthe Michaels E- Newsletter box is checked and choose update at the bottomof the page. This will ensure that you will be able to receive our couponsin the future.
If you have any other questions or concerns you can contact us at1-800-642-4235.
Sincerely,
Michaels Customer Relations

17 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:59am
post #2 of 18

That check box is selected in my profile and I still don't receive the newsletter or the coupon.

Wonder what they'd tell me.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 10:08am
post #3 of 18

I get the e-coupons sometimes. How often does everyone get them? It seems whenever I want to go shopping, of course, I don't get a coupon. Do you get the e-coupons weekly?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 10:48am
post #4 of 18

I just search coupons at google when I don't get one. It's always available.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 11:11am
post #5 of 18

I haven't gotten a coupon in a couple of weeks. I notice that I will get one each week for a couple of weeks and then nothing for a couple of weeks....their system is weird.

Reneesg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reneesg Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 18

I don't get them either. I would have to resign myself up each time. So I brought it up to the cashier and she got snippy about it. Then she said something must be wrong with my computer.

I'll have to go back and see if I left anything unchecked.

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 18

I get the Michaels coupon from the Sunday paper but they are never as good as the AC Moore coupons which Michaels accepts. We don't even have an AC Moore where I live but Michaels still accepts them. I get the AC Moore coupons every Sunday morning in my email. This week AC Moore had a 50% off coupon for this week, a 50% off coupon for next week and a 50% off coupon for the Sat before Easter. WOW sign up online.

jojo0676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo0676 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 18

I don't get them either and I have gone into change my options many times. I have turned it off and turned it back on hoping that would work. I have yet to get one and this has been for well over a year! I contacted them and they didn't help in anyway icon_sad.gif I also just use Google to find one when I need them.

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 18

Michaels lets me use one per day/ per person.

jojo0676 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #10 of 18

I almost forgot. I signed up about 2 months ago under a different e-mail account. I haven't ever gotten coupons there either. Just check my account and I am signed up to receive the newsletter.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:14pm
post #11 of 18

I'm still waiting for this one to come through now that I made the changes to the account. I can't get them simply by doing a google search, it says I have to be signed up to get them directly from Michaels online. When we asked in the store why they aren't in the sale flyers they tell us they stopped putting them there that you can only get them through signing up for emails from them. Waiting to see if this makes a difference.

In the meantime, I can use my AC Moore coupons at Michaels. Our Michaels and AC Moore are right next store to each other in the same shopping center, so they allow each others coupons, plus they allow JoAnn's which is a few stores up from them. AC Moore generally has the better coupons, Michaels the better store prices (ie. 100 disposable decorating bags is $19.99 in Michaels and $22.99 in AC Moore - that's a big difference, even with the coupon)

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:37pm
post #12 of 18

I've signed up several times and have never gotten them. I finally gave up.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:39pm
post #13 of 18

My coupons almost always come in the email with the Knack stuff, maybe try signing up for the Knack newsletter?

I don't think they send them out weekly, because there may be a few weeks I get one then other times I don't.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:44pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

My coupons almost always come in the email with the Knack stuff, maybe try signing up for the Knack newsletter?

I don't think they send them out weekly, because there may be a few weeks I get one then other times I don't.

I think the Knack is for educators only.

I am signed up for the e-coupons and I get them some weeks and others I don't.

TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm
post #15 of 18

The Knack is Michaels kid's craft stuff.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

The Knack is Michaels kid's craft stuff.

really? thanks - I didn't know that!

jojo0676 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:16pm
post #17 of 18

The Knack is supposed to be educators only but homeschooling counts too! Since my 4 yo doesn't go to preschool I would say she's home schooled so I signed up for those too. I don't get their e-mails either though icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:15pm
post #18 of 18

On the Michaels Website it says The Knack is a creative resources for Mom's and Teachers. So yes while it can be used be educators is not solely for them.

The kids Make it Take it Crafts at Michaels are part of The Knack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%