Where To Buy Piping Gel?

Decorating By gflaura Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm by mamawrobin

gflaura Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 7

hi everyone! i am attaching flat dried fondant stars and dots to an airbrushed buttercream cake. do i just use water or piping gel? where can i buy piping gel???? thank you so much!! laura

6 replies
maryspencer2000 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 7

you can use royal icing. Piping gel can be found at any craft store that sells cake supplies.

jammjenks Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 7

I use water to attach fondant to buttercream. I've never done it to an airbrushed cake though.

Eisskween Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 7

You can get piping gel at any cake supply store or any store that sells Wilton, such as Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

lisamenz Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

If your flowers are going down the sides of the cake in any way, use royal icing or a crusting buttercream. Also I won't use anything but White Stokes, piping gel for things that have to stay on the sides of the cake, if I going to use that medium. The wilton piping gel will drip and fall down the sides., Just be careful with this. Hope this helps, and Happy Decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

ninatat Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 7

if yiu look on the back of piping get it say's first ingrediend kary syrup

mamawrobin Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 7

I buy my piping gel at Wal-Mart for $3.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%