Recipes For People With Allergies??? Help Please!!!

Baking By hugs28 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm by brincess_b

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 6

I just got a call from a lady who wants to get a cake, but her son has some pretty severe allergies and I am hoping to be able to make him a great cake that he will be ok to eat. She told me she has to go to a health food store and buy Cherry Brook products for him to be able to have cake.

Here is the list of allergies she gave me:

Eggs
Soy
Dairy
Wheat
Peanut
Oats

For anyone who may have any answers or direction for me as to if there is a recipe for cake mix and icing that would not have any of this stuff in it, please direct me the right way. I have no problem using the boxed items for her to make her son a great cake, but I would like to see about recipes so that he can have a great tasting cake as well. Her son is 5.
TIA

5 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 6

I bake gluten free often, and like the www.bakingbeauties.com for recipes... good luck!

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 6

thanks, I will check into that icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 6

I find the soy allergy the one that's difficult to accommodate if someone's also allergic to other things. Make sure to read labels, too, because some things say they're dairy free but then list milk as an ingredient. Makes no sense, but it happens.

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 6

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

Ingredients.

300g Gluten Free Plain Flour

100g. caster sugar

1 teaspooon of bicarb

100g of cocoa with teh highest cocoa content you can find or melted vegan choc without soya milk i use this http://s230645196.e-shop.info/shop/article_116/Dammgood-Organic-Dark-74%25-Milk-_-Soya-Free-Bar-100g.html?shop_param=cid%3D20%26aid%3D116%26

2 large heaped tablespoons of coconut oil (it's solid in this country though!!)

1 small courgette or half a large one (yes you did read that right, it's not a mix up with a pasta sauce recipe!)

2 tablespoons of golden linseeds

rice milk or water to mix

a teaspoon of vanilla extract

2 tablespoons of golden syrup

dash of vinegar

Mix your dry ingredients together. Melt your coconut oil (if in a cold climate!). In a blender combine the courgette and linseeds with a bit of soya milk until fairly smooth (doesn't matter if some small lumps). Mix in the coconut oil, linseed/courgette goop, golden syrup and vanilla and beat until nice and smooth adding as much ricemilk or water as you need for a good batter. finally a dash of vinegar, well mixed in, before going in the oven at 200C/400F for about half an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.

This is really good and something I use quite often for friends who have either allergies or are vegan. Allergies dont mean you can not enjoy a good choc cake icon_biggrin.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 6

Don't forget about the risk or traces of these foods left in ur equipment. If it's a severe allergy then that could b enough to trigger it.

It's a huge liability. Think carefully, and make sure she signs the right paper work. It might b worth chatting to environmental health or similar for their advice. I wouldn't touch this order!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%