Colored Royal Stored In Freezer!!!

Baking By Sara789 Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm by bonniebakes

Sara789 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:33am
post #1 of 6

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but I didn't...colored royal icing can be frozen then used without any problem! I made up some black Antonia's royal icing and had a bunch left over. I couldn't bear to throw it away, so I threw it in the freezer. A month later and it handled like I had just made it. I have read that white royal freezes well, but nothing about colored. Now I know.

5 replies
Elcee Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 6

I actually didn't know you could freeze RI. That is great to know. There are times when I need just a little and even when I make the tiniest batch I can I still have waste. I think next time I'll try separating leftover RI into little snack sized bags for the freezer and see how that works.

Thanks for the tip!

messy1 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 6

Have you ever froze the glace icing? I had some white leftover this week-end and I put it into the freezer. I also hate to throw the leftover away and thought that if it comes out okay I come out ahead and if not I would have thrown it out anyway.

luv2bake6 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #4 of 6

I've frozen decorated cookies with RI but not the RI itself. I'm assuming that would be true with glace as well. Thanks for letting us know!

Sara789 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:55am
post #5 of 6

Yeah, I'd love to know if glace freezes well.

bonniebakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 6

I just read a post by Gemini about freezing cookies decorated with glace... here's the link.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-673196-.html

edited to add: sorry - I just re-read the thread and realized you were saying glace alone, not on cookies. I guess I responded too soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%