Colored Royal Stored In Freezer!!!

Baking By Sara789 Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm by bonniebakes

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:33am
post #1 of 6

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but I didn't...colored royal icing can be frozen then used without any problem! I made up some black Antonia's royal icing and had a bunch left over. I couldn't bear to throw it away, so I threw it in the freezer. A month later and it handled like I had just made it. I have read that white royal freezes well, but nothing about colored. Now I know.

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 6

I actually didn't know you could freeze RI. That is great to know. There are times when I need just a little and even when I make the tiniest batch I can I still have waste. I think next time I'll try separating leftover RI into little snack sized bags for the freezer and see how that works.

Thanks for the tip!

messy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy1 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 6

Have you ever froze the glace icing? I had some white leftover this week-end and I put it into the freezer. I also hate to throw the leftover away and thought that if it comes out okay I come out ahead and if not I would have thrown it out anyway.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #4 of 6

I've frozen decorated cookies with RI but not the RI itself. I'm assuming that would be true with glace as well. Thanks for letting us know!

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:55am
post #5 of 6

Yeah, I'd love to know if glace freezes well.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 6

I just read a post by Gemini about freezing cookies decorated with glace... here's the link.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-673196-.html

edited to add: sorry - I just re-read the thread and realized you were saying glace alone, not on cookies. I guess I responded too soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%