Dont Throw Away That Old Sifter!

Decorating By alewop Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 12:04pm by CakeEvolution

alewop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alewop Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:31am
post #1 of 11

So my first sifter was actually from my grandmother's house who is now passed away. It's kinda cool because I think of her everytime I bake a cake. Well tonite I started sifting flour and noticed a huge gap in the wire icon_sad.gif But since I dont dare part with it....it is now happily my new tool holder for decorating! thumbs_up.gif
LL

10 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:34am
post #2 of 11

Cute. icon_smile.gif

I could also see it decoratively painted and filled with a silk flower arrangement.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:53am
post #3 of 11

thats cool and i think i have the same sifter at home and i bought a new one during the week (online so not delivered yet) and now im feeling guilty about wanting to throw it away

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:56am
post #4 of 11

Somethings are just to precious to part with -
Excellant idea.

Bluehue.

alewop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alewop Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:20am
post #5 of 11

Mrs-A, what kind of sifter did you buy? I live in the middle of no where and the one store that had a sifter only had one that uses the squeeze trigger. Whos idea was that??? My hand get sore, its a work out. Then again, maybe I just need to work out...anywho, point being, im in the market for a great sifter icon_cool.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:27am
post #6 of 11
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:31am
post #7 of 11

alewop - when my sifter died i went and bought a huge wire mesh collander with a long handle and use that now.
It holds about 10 cups of dry ingrediants and just by tapping the sides - it sifts everything so quickly due to the large area of mesh.

Those sifters with the squeeze trigger are rather hand numbing aren't they?

Bluehue

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:38am
post #8 of 11

I use one like Bluhue's and I love it. That thing can hold a two pound bag of powdered sugar with room left for more. So user friendly too.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:49am
post #9 of 11

Those squeeze ones are awful.

I bought a BIG 8-cup crank-style sifter on eBay a while back and I love it. It's like this one (but this was not the seller I bought mine from):
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-8-CUP-STAINLESS-STEEL-ROTARY-SIFTER_W0QQitemZ400111507586QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d28811882

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:04am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewop

Mrs-A, what kind of sifter did you buy? I .......)

im in sydney australia and i got the same one, yep they are still around! i remember these from highschool whic was about 25yrs ago

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEvolution Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:04pm
post #11 of 11

lol.... too cute, but ours is still working properly.... I wanna upgrade so bad

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%