Help!!!!!!! Dummies...

Decorating By CakeandDazzle Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 4:29pm by dsilvest

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

So I am making a couple 3 tier dummies for an event saturday... i covered my cakes in spackle which didnt look too great so i fondanted them... anyways alll the fondant melted icon_cry.gif
So what do i cover a dummy in that wont make my fondant melt??? I know i put tooo much spackle on (its not bc!) but i need to fill in some cracks/dimples & need it to dry asap..... Please help!! Im on the verge of tears right now... im going to stand and talk to 1000 people saturday my biggest event yet....
Thanks Toni icon_sad.gif

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 5

u can fill any cracks with ri or bc - it doesnt need to be dry (i dont think!) before you can use fondant.
xx

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

can i cover the whole thing in royal??????

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 5

you can yes, but getting royal icing truly smooth is a talent that takes time, at least on real cake, i imagine on dummies too.
if you dont want to use fondant, and are experienced in buttercream, you can just do buttercream.
xx

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

I cover dummies all the time. Sand the edges lightly, fill any large depressions with royal or buttercream. Let dry a few minutes. Spritz with a bit of water and then cover with fondant. Don't touch the covered dummies for a few hours so that a crust forms. If you get too excited and try to stack the cake too soon you will get a lot of finger dimples. The fondant will look better once it has dried.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%