Cricut Cake

Decorating By adven68 Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 7:23pm by CoutureCakeCreations

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 11

I ordered it...they say it will ship early May.....I just took a look at the cartridge it comes with...just beautiful stuff!!!!

I had literally hundreds of dollars worth of cutters in my cart at a well known decorating supply store online....
I don't need any of them now. If this machine does what it says it will do......my hours of hand cutting scrolls are OVER!!! can't wait to find out...

edited to say there is another thread on this very topic:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6759377-.html#6759377

icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 11

Irene and if you go to cricut dot com they have 3 other carts that are coming out I believe this summer. Beautiful stuff!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:30am
post #3 of 11

You won't regret getting it.......I'm having so much fun with mine that I decided to have it cut out simple polka dots for me icon_biggrin.gif It's so easy! I'm going to look into getting the SCAL program though, I would like to have more freedom with my images.

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:41am
post #4 of 11

whts the SCAL program?

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 8:51am
post #5 of 11

Everybody is making me believe that cutting with the Cricut is so easy. Guess that the thing I'll have to master is getting the right medium (gumpaste, fondant or whatever) to be used so it won't tear or look ragged after being cut.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 11

It does take some playing around to get the medium right. I have found that mine works best with wilton fondant rolled super thin. I did have to smooth the edges with my fingers when it has the ragged edge.... but this has only happened with the black satin ice I used last night.
SCAL is Sure Cuts A Lot

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 11

Has anyone played with the frosting sheets yet? I still haven't found time to take my Cake out of its box and play with it yet. I would love to hear some thoughts on the sheets it came with before ordering up some more.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 11

YOu can also use Make The Cut software. I think it's much more user friendly.

blue123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blue123 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

YOu can also use Make The Cut software. I think it's much more user friendly.

Is it really? I haven't bought anything yet, so, I was wondering.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #10 of 11

I think it is. You can use shapes/pics off your computer or the internet without messing with SVG files. You can download a trial version and try it.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 11

i have tried both SCAL and Make the Cut. I prefer scal. You just have to figure out what speed and pressure to use. for intricate detail you want to use a very slow speed. Simple shapes can be fast speeds. Also you have to be sure to adhere the fondant to the mat very well or it will rip and move.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%