Decorations Added After I Left...

Decorating By EmilyGrace Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm by catlharper

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:09pm
post #31 of 34

I am so sorry this happened to you. I have to say, I really preferred the"before". I think that if this were my wedding cake, I would have been really upset. I mean, who does that? I don't know how the perp thought it is ok to vandalize someone elses art.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:26pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

You know what? Even more so, be sure to send her the pictures you took. At least this way she'll have pictures of what her wedding cake actually looked like. And she'll have a story to tell when showing the two sets of pictures.

I've been thinking the same thing. Send her photos of what she wanted and ordered. It's just amazing what some people will do to the artwork of others. Wonder if anyone ever did that to Picasso. icon_eek.gif

EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 8:09pm
post #33 of 34

Thanks everyone, she was definitely a super sweet bride. I've heard such horror stories about bridezillas I've been so grateful not to have run into any of them yet.
I had a sneaking suspicion this caterer was going to mess with the cake... she tried to take it from my husband when we were bringing it to the reception room, and she was hovering the whole time I was decorating it. If I didn't have to be somewhere I would of stuck around for a bit. Because it was just a family friend though, I doubt hunting her down and telling her what I would like to tell her would do any good. I don't think she does catering professionally... at least I sure hope not.
It's always disappointing to see your work tampered with, but I feel worse for the bride.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #34 of 34

As a coordinator I have been asked a time or two to "beautify" the cake. Most recently last August when the cake arrived, looked gorgeous to my eyes and the eyes of the bride but, apparently, not the MOH who asked me to take flowers out of their bouquets and make a cake topper. I informed her that not only would I not touch another bakers creation but that the flowers could well be toxic! She should talk to the bride since the bride may have a topper for the cake. Well, she didnt...she just added the flowers on top herself...to the horror of the bride who was seen picking them off before the cutting of the cake photos. UGH! Some people!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%