Packing/ Shipping???

Baking By KsCakes09 Updated 21 May 2010 , 10:15pm by luv2bake6

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

wondering if anyone can tell me if packing & shipping chocolate pops is the same as for cookie pops??????? Have posted several time on the Candy forum & no responses...weird ..hard to believe that no one ships chocolate pops. I'm hoping someone on this forum will reply w/ some suggestions on how to pack & ship them. Thanks a bunch.

3 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #2 of 4

First off, i'd never ship chocolate during the warmer months.
To ship i'd use the same method as shipping cookies since chocolate can also crack. Wrap each pop in your regular cello. Then wrap individually in bubble wrap. Take a box that will fit your pops snuggly and fill with packaging material (peanuts, foam, packing paper, tissue paper, etc), and fill with your wrapped pops. Put that box into another larger box that you have lined with packing material. Seal up and ship.

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 4

Just to let everyone know.....I recently shipped a large chocolate pop order that was going to a warmer climate..... this is how I packed them........I went ahead & wrapped each pop in bubble wrap (small bubbles) then wrapped the whole bunch of them together in one long sheet of bubble wrap (large bubbles) then packed them in a shipping cooler w/ 2 ice packs (also wraped in bubble wrap to protect them from damaging the pops), one on each end of the cooler. They were shipped 2nd Day Fed X. I know it might have been a little overkill on the bubble wrap, but they made it from the East Coast to the West Coast w/ no problems....and really that was my main concern. Hope this info helps if anyone is planning to ship chocolates. icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 21 May 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the info and glad you had great success with your shipment! Would you mind me asking how much extra it cost to ship in a shipping cooler with the ice packs?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%