Stenciling Trowel

Decorating By shearpamela Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 8:38pm by shearpamela

shearpamela Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:15am
post #1 of 8

I posted this on the "How do I" forums but thought it would fit here as well if not better.
I see decorators using a small flexible trowel for applying icing to a stencil on a cake in the videos, but I am having a hard time finding a source. It is a polystyrene trowel.
Does anyone have a better tool for that or a source to buy one of them?

7 replies
nancyg Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #2 of 8

bought mine in the paint dept of Home Depot. For patching holes in walls.
It works great!

shearpamela Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 8

I'll look at my local Home Depot to see what I can find - thanks icon_smile.gif

Jenn2179 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 8

I just use a bench scraper.

cookiemookie Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 8

I do mainly cookies and I love using palette knives. Most have nice flexible tips which I love.

You can get a set of various sizes at Michaels for a very reasonable price.

They are in the artist painting isle.

shearpamela Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 8

Great suggestions!

jammjenks Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 8

I'm such a nerd. I use my Pampered Chef stoneware scraper. My sister sells Pampered Chef, so they're pretty easy for me to get ahold of.

shearpamela Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 8

I have one of those and thought of it but worried it might be too stiff?
I read that a for sale sign cut to size from Home Depot might do the trick too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%