Off Site Order Records????

Business By korkyo Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm by LKing12

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:42am
post #1 of 8

What would you do if your house caught fire? I recently met someone this happened to and it really had me thinking.

Once you get past the intial shock then the details set it. What if you lost your whole customer files. (No I don't use the pc to keep my orders on) I'm a paper person. I like paper.

Any suggestions to prevent further nightmares in the event this happened?

7 replies
LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:03am
post #2 of 8

My sister had a fire two years ago-total loss. She had a fire proof safe-everything in it was fine...

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:48am
post #3 of 8

was it one of those little ones you find at walmart?

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 8

I'm a computer person--I despise paperwork--so everything from customer orders, to insurance policies and family photos are backed up in multiple electronic locations, so I never have to worry about losing any of it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 8

me too, like pinkziab..............everything on pc's and backuped externally..........no worries!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 8

a fireproof safe is best..you can get them at sams and costco for less then 100 bucks.

If you husband or a friend wouldn't mind, have them take your tape backups of your computer to their house or office and keep them there.

We also have in our liability insurance policy coverage for loss of business encase of a fire.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 8

Fireproof safe + multiple computer backups!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 8

Korkyo-use it was one from WalMart and after the fire the company replaced it! You can also buy fireproof filing cabinets. I am not sure about their cost-but I do know they are suppose to be good also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%