Bowling/deli??? Seriously.. Help??

Decorating By iannelli66 Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 12:30pm by mama2_3

iannelli66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iannelli66 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 12:49am
post #1 of 3

So I have been asked to make a cake for a 6oth bday party and to incorporate bowling and a deli into it.. No specifics except that.. I have pictures of the deli itself to replicate the counter and tables, but beyond that I have no idea how to mesh the two together so it looks like one cake instead of two.. Its for 35 people. Any ideas would be great.. Thanks to all! icon_eek.gif

2 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #2 of 3

the bowling team is sponsored by the deli....so, they all have on shirts with deli's name and logo.

oh and they're competing in the "Salad Bowl Tournament" sponsored by Ms. Onion (glad to see me?)
----

for more fun, the "guys" on the team are various loaves of meats -- Mr. Ham, Mr. Salami, Mr. Munster (wonder if his first name is Herman?), etc. The cocktail waitresses could be Ms. Tomato (lil' red) and Ms. Lettuce (get together!) Oh and at least one guy would have to be a cucumber!

----

OR

the bowling pins are the loaves of meat and the balls tomatoes and onions and peas (french ones of course)

----

(the above ideas provided with insincere apologies to VeggieTales! -- Now how do we work in Jr. Asparagus? "Oh where is my hairbrush...."

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 3

How about replicating the deli but serve up bowling shoes and balls. The menus could be score cards. pins could be used as centerpieces.

OR

A bowling themed birthday party at the deli. A bowling ball cake with pins as candles. shoes for a gift. birthday "score" cards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%