Shipping Cake

Decorating By bgyaki Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm by CakeWelder

bgyaki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bgyaki Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 2

Hi My brother lives on end of the country and I live on the other. He is getting married at the end of July and has asked me to make the cake for him. Due to the time factor involved - I wouldn't get out there until 4 days before so I would like to make the cakes ahead of time and ship them out and I'll decorate when I get there. Has anybody done this before and what is the best way to pack them? I was planning on using a courier service but am concerned about packaging them up. Thanks for your help.

1 reply
CakeWelder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWelder Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 2

My mom did this for me when I was in college and she shipped it Fed Ex or UPS and left it in the pan for shipping but frosted it and every thing. If you are just going to ship the cake out I would ship them in the pans for support and have lids for the containers. I would take them out of the pan to cool after baking but put them back in for the trip. Fit the cakes in the box tight with plenty of Styrofoam just in case the shipping company doesn't pay attention to the "Fragile this side up" instruction. Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%