What Is The Best Airbrush System?

Decorating By Rylan Updated 29 Oct 2013 , 5:00am by noveen

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 6

I have been planning on purchasing one but I'm not sure which is really the best. I'm not looking for a system that does fine detail work, I just want to airbrush tiers a single color.

Other than KopyKake, what is the best and most durable system out there? Something I can use for a years.

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks.

5 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 6

Your cakes are awesome!!

I answered this in another post so here is the link. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6716518-.html

feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. I liked this system because of its range of pressure, non pulsation, which means you can use luster and petal dusts without getting splotches of colors. hth and it only weighs 5 pounds and is quiet.

yes, I am an airbrush fanatic.

Rylan Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:05am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Tesso. I will be PMing you.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:23am
post #4 of 6

I have the GREX airbrush. I love the trigger on it - for me it is much easier to control than the one with the finger control on top. If you are going to ICES, they may have one there that you can demo (which is how I came to buy mine!) You can buy a cheap compressor to use with it - GREX sells components to make any system work with their guns. I also have the regulator that goes directly on the gun instead of the compressor. I love it.

Here is the one I have:

http://www.grexusa.com/grexairbrush/prod_type.php5?prod_type=Tritium.TS

Edited to add: it also has a 5 year warranty.

Rylan Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:30am
post #5 of 6

Thanks Cindy, for the information about that. I'll be taking a look at is as well and see comparison for both.

noveen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noveen Posted 29 Oct 2013 , 5:00am
post #6 of 6

AWhich one did you end up buying?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%