Please Recommend An Easy To Operate Sifter...

Decorating By Chris6703 Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 2:18am by Chris6703

Chris6703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris6703 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 11

Please help. I have arthritis and carpal tunnel and always, always use a sifter, but find it increasingly difficult to operate. Does anyone know of a good quality ( battery or electric perhaps) sifter to make it easier on me ? thanks for all your replies.

10 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 11

I use a large strainer and just shake it back and forth. I hate the crank style sifters.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 11

I also use a larger strainer and a heating core to move the dry ingredients quickly through. The back of a large ladel works well too.

HTH

Michele

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:07am
post #4 of 11

I also use a large strainer to sift. When I say large, I mean large. It will hold two pounds of powdered sugar at a time (with room left) and I just shake it thru to sift. Bought it at wal-mart for $4.00.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 11

ditto on the big wire mesh strainers. There's nothing better.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:00am
post #6 of 11

I was at Walmart a few months ago and found a sifter that had a turn-handle. Works great for me. The only problem is that it only holds two cups of sugar at a time.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:39am
post #7 of 11

I use a large mesh strainer and a spoon. It works much better than the sifters I've tried.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:50am
post #8 of 11

I use a large one that comes in a set of 3.... BUT this is the one I want to get.... it's so easy.... you put the PS and use a bench scraper and just push the sugar through it and it's fast and good for flour and PS.... here is the link there are quite a few here... I hope you find one that can help you to sift your PS (I HATE SIFTING PS!!!) icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .....

HTH

Link:
http://www.foodutensils.com.au/straining-sifting-pureeing-flour-sifters-flat-sieves-c-38_76_140.html
LL

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:18pm
post #9 of 11

I use a hand crank 8-cup sifter and love it! I can put a whole 2# PS in or a coupl of cake mixes.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PZ9GU4/?tag=cakecentral-20

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:04am
post #10 of 11

I use an 8 cup crank sifter and a large strainer to sift with. Just depend on what I'm in the mood to use.

Chris6703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris6703 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:18am
post #11 of 11

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas. The pic of the round sifter looks like one my mom used when I was young. Yes, a larger one will work better for me, one I can put right over my big KA bowl. I appreciate this....thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%