How Much Would You Charge For 2 Dozen Of These?

Baking By marknrox Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 1:13am by luv2bake6

marknrox Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 6

These cookies are covered in fondant. How much would be a fair price for 2 dozen of these?

5 replies
makeminepink Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

You're going to get alot of different answers to this question. Like what did it cost you, what do you want to make per hour, etc, etc. Many on here charge $1 per inch. Personally, I charge $24 a dozen--- it just makes it simpler. If it's a variety-- then some may be smaller than others. To me, it evens out. Some people in my town still balk at $2 per cookie. Now if the design got more complicated or they wanted glace or royal, I would charge more.

globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

Those are beautiful cookies, you should try to get 3 to 4 dollars a cookie, but many people can't pay that much or won't; they don't realize how much work goes into them. My answer to your question is, get the most you can or whatever your market will bear and goodluck thumbs_up.gif

icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

please don,t charge less than $2.00 a cookie. more if you can. this is a lot of work rolling out fondant . cutting out patterns . making the beutiful flowers. etc. just as much work as glace or r/i. get all you think you can. they are either made your fondant.(lot of work) or you bought it(expensive). so there you go!!

marknrox Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much for your responses! These are for a friend's bridal tea. I don't want to over charge her. I think maybe $50 should be a fair price!

luv2bake6 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #6 of 6

Are you individually packaging them as well, or just putting them out on the platter? $50 is a decent price for 2 dozen, but try and push out extra for the packaging.

Quote by @%username% on %date%