How Much Would You Charge For 2 Dozen Of These?

Baking By marknrox Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 1:13am by luv2bake6

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 6

These cookies are covered in fondant. How much would be a fair price for 2 dozen of these?
LL

5 replies
makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

You're going to get alot of different answers to this question. Like what did it cost you, what do you want to make per hour, etc, etc. Many on here charge $1 per inch. Personally, I charge $24 a dozen--- it just makes it simpler. If it's a variety-- then some may be smaller than others. To me, it evens out. Some people in my town still balk at $2 per cookie. Now if the design got more complicated or they wanted glace or royal, I would charge more.

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

Those are beautiful cookies, you should try to get 3 to 4 dollars a cookie, but many people can't pay that much or won't; they don't realize how much work goes into them. My answer to your question is, get the most you can or whatever your market will bear and goodluck thumbs_up.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

please don,t charge less than $2.00 a cookie. more if you can. this is a lot of work rolling out fondant . cutting out patterns . making the beutiful flowers. etc. just as much work as glace or r/i. get all you think you can. they are beautiful.you either made your fondant.(lot of work) or you bought it(expensive). so there you go!!

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much for your responses! These are for a friend's bridal tea. I don't want to over charge her. I think maybe $50 should be a fair price!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #6 of 6

Are you individually packaging them as well, or just putting them out on the platter? $50 is a decent price for 2 dozen, but try and push out extra for the packaging.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%