Bluebonnet Help Please

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 7:02pm by HowCoolGomo1

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 11

I'm trying to make the little petals. Should I make a hook for securing the wire.

I'm using instructions from the Austin Cake club. I think they are from Bronwen Weber.

Thanks

10 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 11

sorry - it dawned on me that you did mention the flower. A blue bonnet. I am unsure of that type of flower but if I find the answer I will get back to you.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

If it helps. Bluebonnets in every form are the state flower of TX.

This year is going to be great. We had rain and cold weather. Makes them prettier.

cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 11

Maybe these could help.

http://www.allinonebakeshop.com/recipesandideas.asp

Scroll down to Instructions and then click on gumpaste bluebonnets.

cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 11

They sound beautiful. I looked them up on google and saw the gorgeous blue color. We have similar flowers here that I plant in my garden called Lupins. They don't grow wild so much here.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 11

Yeah, TX in the spring is phenomenal. It makes you want to live here. I always look forward to it.

It makes up for the 100 F degrees for the next 5 flipping months

Unfortunately, I have those instructions and that's what I'm not getting the jist.

MaryAnn

cake-angel Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:05am
post #7 of 11

Sorry - I wish I could be more help but as I have never made them I guess I cannot be much help. Hopefully some one on here might get back to you yet. It does sound beautiful - I may have to visit Texas one spring in the future. I hope it all works out for you.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:30am
post #8 of 11

Give one of us a heads up if you plan to visit. We can tell you if it will be a good year or not.

So far, this year is rocking. They say a cold winter makes the flowers darker. The stinkers are fabulously dark blue/purple.

I go on, but this time of year, I will be sick or sound like it. I've already lost my voice, have earaches and I'm working on a big sinus infection. Don't care! Texas in the spring...you just have to see it.

Thanks, for trying to help.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:15am
post #9 of 11

I've read those instructions before and I don't think they mean for you to make a hook on those petals. If the wire you're using is paper wrapped then it should stick well enough without a hook...it says to dip the tip of the wire in egg white (I would use gum glue but either should work).

There do seem to be a lot of bluebonnets this year...we moved out by Lackland and if we just drive out 1604 a little past the house, the fields are covered with them.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:05am
post #10 of 11

My first attempt at a bluebonnet.

I took it around to get critiques from women I know don't hold anything back. They also don't have a clue how to get this stuff done. So they are the most critical; in my life.

This particular flower is living with the one person in my life that never holds anything back.

I apologize for the lighting.

I wish the light would have been better. I did get the color right for the blue petals. There should be more white on the top of the center and a lighter hand on the green in the middle. I also need to figure out some control on my air brush for the white spot for all the petals.

This flower is the reason I really need to learn how to use my Cricut!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:02pm
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%