Choco Pan Help

Decorating By Susans53 Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 10:41pm by BlakesCakes

Susans53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susans53 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 2

Please help me. I decided to try choco pan for a cake this weekend. Is it me or is this stuff like really really soft. I figured I would try first covering a cake baord and just while trying to roll it out on an acteco mat-it picked up the texture so- I could not even flip it, was impossible to get it to roll around a rolling pin. I went to pick it up and it keep streching and ripping. OMG, lots of air holes, even while rolling-I never had that happen ( I ususally make my own) and finally when I got it on the board and went to smooth it, it just keep ripping and kinking. I'm afraid to cover a cake. I just found it impossbile to even roll out. Please any tips on using this product.
Thanks
Susan

1 reply
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 2

Choco pan is a very soft fondant. It's chocolate based and very temperature dependent. If it's warm in the kitchen, it will be sticky. If it's cold, it will be hard to roll.

You can temporarily hold the stickiness at bay by rolling on a 50/50 mix of PS + CS. Don't add any crisco. Dust your rolling pin with the same mixture.

I honestly can't work with it with any confidence (it gets finger prints in it very easily, too), so I mix it with about 1/3 Wilton. I get a great tasting product that works much more easily for me.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%