I Am Confused About Edible Printers... ??? Help...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 4:56pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

Please excuse this stupid question, but I have to ask it. I have been browsing Kopykake.com at their edible ink and sheets. The information on the site shows the brand name "Canon" to use with their ink and sheets.

My question is: Am I to assume that Canon is the only brand name printer that will work with their ink and sheets?

I went to Wal-mart this morning and they have a 30.00 printer for sale. I really would like to buy it. However, I want to make sure that ALL brand printers will work with their ink's and sheets.

Thank you in advance for your help...

3 replies
Mikel79 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 4

Attention Moderators...

I am sorry. I meant to post this in the Cake Decorating page. I did not see a way to move this post. If this is wrong, I am sure it will be moved.

Sorry again....
=)

Not a problem. icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif (JanH)

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 4

On their homepage there is a link in red that says "Click here to find your correct edible ink tanks for your Compatible Canon or Epson printers"

They make cartridges for both brands, but not for all models in each brand. If you click on that link there is the list broken down by brand and model of what they carry.

I hope this helps.

(oh, and their paper should work with other edible printers, but ink cartridges are specific to the model of printer, the same cartridge won't necessarily work on all models within a brand)

Mikel79 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you Leily!

I looked further into their site. It shows both Epson and Canon printers. I will be sure to buy a model that is listed in the spreadsheet to avoid any issues...

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%