How Do I Make Fondant Lollipops

Decorating By CMTorie Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 3:13pm by tmdion

CMTorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMTorie Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #1 of 9

Do I make lollipops with fondant? Like the big circus whirley kind. Any special tips? How far in advance does it usually need to be made? How thick should the ropes be?

TIA~ Torie

8 replies
hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #2 of 9

I take 2 long pieces of 2 colors of fondant lay them side by side and starting at one end start curling them inward then i stick a lollipop stick on using shortning and pressing in slightly. Needs at least 24 hours to dry. Here is a pick of mine:

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:36am
post #3 of 9

Says my pic is to big : ( if you pm me your email address i can send you a pic icon_biggrin.gif

ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 10:41am
post #4 of 9

I was going to say the same thing as hollyberry, here's a an example of fondant lollipops made by pinkcakebox:

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake996.jpg

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 9

Bake Decorate Celebrate instructions

Lollipops make ropes by rolling together 2 colored fondant logs and 1 white fondant log until it measures 24 x 1/4 inches. Roll completed rope into spiral coil and insert lollipop stick. Dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.

tmdion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmdion Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 9

I was wondering if you had a good trick or tip for making the fondant logs so that they are the same width throughout, I've tried this so many ways and it always gets really skinny on one part and I don't like the way it looks lol

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 9

Here's a tutorial video for clay, but I think it would work with fondant.
I like this method because it uses several colors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RVA9mi9Oc0&feature=share

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdion

I was wondering if you had a good trick or tip for making the fondant logs so that they are the same width throughout, I've tried this so many ways and it always gets really skinny on one part and I don't like the way it looks lol

The most precise way would be to use an extruder.
The second best way is to roll using a fondant smoother...it's very easy to keep an even thickness throughout.

tmdion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmdion Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 9

What a cool video!! I wanna try that! lol Thanks, I'm going to look into these for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%