Martha Stewart Cupcake Book - Recipe Reviews Anyone??

Baking By Roxybc Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 9:22pm by MikeRowesHunny

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 4

I've got the Martha Stewart Cupcake book, but I've never made any of the recipes from it, as I always end up going to All Recipes where I can read other people's recipe reviews - I'm always afraid of having a failed batch of cupcakes, so like knowing that I'm pretty much guarenteed to get a good recipe off of AR if there are lots of good reviews - you just can't get that with cook books. What can I say, I'm afraid of failure! Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone has made any of the cupcake recipes from Martha's book. If so, would you mind telling me which ones, and what your thoughts were on them. Were they nice and moist? I'm wanting to bite the bullet and make a batch of Martha's this week, with the hopes that they'll be good enough to add to my recipe box of cupcakes that are good enough to sell. I'd appreciate any of your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!!

3 replies
jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 4

I've had varied results with this book, its a fun book and there are some great ideas. I think the ones that I liked were the smores, pumpkin and the hummingbird cupcakes. Everyone particularly loved the hummingbird ones although making those pineapple flowers is something I will never do again, way too much hassle!

I also did the gingerbread ones which were greasy and dense(too much butter), the mint chocolate were spongy and dry(not enough fat) and the meyer lemon were meh.

Hope this helps!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 4

I haven't bought that book, because i NEVER have luck with her recipes. I just gave up, because it seems we are not getting the accurate recipe or something is just not right.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 4

I really like her Pumpkin cupcakes - they were very nice. I haven't gotten around to trying any others as I already have tried & trusted recipes for those I sell (but I did add the pumpkin ones to my for sale list!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%