anamado Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:51pm
post #1 of

Today I want to show you a film I made showing how easy is to make basket weave with fondant.
Take a look and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCg7BI5D1jI

24 replies
RheaCakeQueen Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:09pm
post #2 of

Great job! I love the finished product =o)

KCC Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:11pm
post #3 of

But I think I'll stick to buttercream basketweave. I don't get much help in the kitchen! icon_biggrin.gif

anamado Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCC

But I think I'll stick to buttercream basketweave. I don't get much help in the kitchen! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Yeah, but I'm lousy piping... For me fondant is way much easier to work with icon_biggrin.gif

cricket0616 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:16pm
post #5 of

I love it. I think my kids would enjoy helping. Thanks for idea.

Renaejrk Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:17pm
post #6 of

LOVE it!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:24pm
post #7 of

I have been thinking of doing a fondant basketweave for one of my fair cakes. Thanks for the video.

FlourPots Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #8 of

It looks great!! Thanks for sharing!

I've wanted to try doing a basket in fondant, but with rolled ropes not slats...one day I'll get to it, LOL.

superstar Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:17pm
post #9 of

Thanks so much & what lovely girls you have, they are going to be as good as their Mom. Great tutorial.

weirkd Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm

I think the hardest part is extruding the pieces to weave!

anamado Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:45pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I think the hardest part is extruding the pieces to weave!

I didn't extrude them...
We made "snakes" with our hands
(like the first image in this photo)
And the rectangles were cut with a pizza cutter

e8141983 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm

Wonderful job! icon_smile.gif
Seems easy indeed!

dsilvest Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm

Loved the video.

Uniqueask Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:42pm

Love the video, your girls are great you must be so proud of them, and thanks for the tutorial the overall product is great.

Postal_Cakemaker Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:51pm

Awesome love it!!

icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:30pm

thanks for sharing.it was great.

terrig007 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:44pm

I love this idea. I think I may try it as my piping skills leave a little to be desired. Your daughters are very talented & adorable, loved the little kitty. I visited Portugal once. It was a lovely place. Went to the beach. I believe it was called Pyra De La Roacha (?) or at least that's what my cousin told me. Anyway, beautiful country.

anamado Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrig007

I love this idea. I think I may try it as my piping skills leave a little to be desired. Your daughters are very talented & adorable, loved the little kitty. I visited Portugal once. It was a lovely place. Went to the beach. I believe it was called Pyra De La Roacha (?) or at least that's what my cousin told me. Anyway, beautiful country.

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

I think the beach must have been Praia da Rocha, in the Algarve (south of Portugal). It means Beach of the Rock. I've never been there, but it's a very famous beach.

Do try the basket weave! As you can see it's easy. Just cut the rectangles and do the little "snakes" first. Then it's very quickly!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

LeckieAnne Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:22am

Oh very nice!! Great job girls! Cute cake - and basket is just in time for Easter! icon_smile.gif

anamado Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 12:04am
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

Oh very nice!! Great job girls! Cute cake - and basket is just in time for Easter! icon_smile.gif

So it is! icon_smile.gif I hadn't thought about that! We can put "eggs" on it!

Your kid's face is just adorable! Looove that smile!

Petronella Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 10:24am

Hi

I am thinking of doing a basket weave cake with fondant.

Unfortunately I am unable to access your video please can you let me know how to access your video.

Petronella

blwilley Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 4:33am

I too, am getting a 'Private' message when trying to open your posted link.  Is it no longer available?

gscout73 Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 1:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by blwilley 

I too, am getting a 'Private' message when trying to open your posted link.  Is it no longer available?

How was everyone, almost everyone, able to view the video? I also get a message that the video is private and the owner has not granted permission to view it. Can you setup a new link?

gscout73 Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 1:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gscout73 

How was everyone, almost everyone, able to view the video? I also get a message that the video is private and the owner has not granted permission to view it. Can you setup a new link?

I just realized the OP is years old. That is prob why the video can't be viewed. Prob doesn't exist anymore.

blwilley Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 5:06am

I sent a PM to ask if she would repost it for us.  Will just have to wait & see if she gets it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%