How Long Is Marshmellow Fondant Good For?

Decorating By Chiababy Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 3:20am by dguerrant

Chiababy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiababy Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

I'm going to try to make a batch soon and the party I need it for is March 27th. Will it last until then? How long will it last?

Thanks!

5 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

It should last a month at least. I make is up ahead of time all the time, keep it in a good sealed bag.

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 6

I wrap mine in 2 layers of plastic wrap and put in ziploc bag and then put in a plastic sealed container in my fridge and it keeps for quite awhile! I have had mine for more than a month and when I take it out and warm it, still good to go icon_biggrin.gif

Chiababy Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:12am
post #4 of 6

Thanks!

Chiababy Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #5 of 6

I just made it - i can't believe how easy that was!! Love this site! Thanks again!

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #6 of 6

WHEN I NEED TO STORE MINE FOR SEVERAL DAYS, I KNEAD IT INTO A BALL AND SMOOTH A THIN COAT OF SHORTENING OVER IT AND WRAP IT IN PLASTIC WRAP, THEN IN A PLASTIC BAG. THIS PREVENTS ANY AIR FROM GETTING TO THE SURFACE AND HARDENING THE OUTER LAYER OF THE FONDANT. I HAVE KEPT MINE AS WELL FOR ABOUT FEW WEEKS OR SO, I GO THROUGH SO MUCH THAT IT DOESN'T HANG AROUND TOO LONG. I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THE RECIPE, I'VE BEEN MAKING MY OWN FOR YEARS AND I LOVE IT TOO. IT'S SO EASY AND I ALWAYS KEEP BAGS OF MARSHMALLOWS IN THE PANTRY, NOT TO MENTION, IT TASTES BETTER AND IS CHEAPER THAN PRE-MADE icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%