Is There Any Other Way To Use Transfer Sheets

Decorating By tmt578 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm by BlakesCakes

tmt578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt578 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 5

I have a baby show cake due this afternoon. I've been up all night preparing and Im almost done. Earlier in the week I ordered Transfer Sheet and thought it would be great to use on the cake. Well I'm ready to put them on, and unbeknownst to me, I didnt know you HAD TO USE CHOCOLOATE! I thought they would just transfer onto fondant like the description said. Is there anyway to still use them without chocolate?

Please help... Now I'm worried

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 5

It is shown in a video somewhere to use a craft iron to transfer the pattern on to fondant. Sorry i don't recall the name of the lady that produced the video. I have used a craft heat gun to transfer the pattern too. I wouldn't suggest doing either of these directly on the cake, as the icing adhering the fondant will melt underneath and who knows what other damage you may do to your cake. But if used on a piece of fondant then adhered to the cake you should have no problems

tmt578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt578 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the help... however, I have no clue where to begin... A craft gun? This is gonna be horrible...

Will crying make it better! icon_cry.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 5

I am assuming the coco transfer sheet is the same as what we supply here. The idea behind it is that you print on the transfer sheet which is a thin layer of cocoa butter in reverse. You need heat to allow the cocoa butter to melt and transfer the image on to whatever media you are using.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 5

You can read about the process for applying chocolate transfers directly to fondant here:

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090081334

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%