How To Harden Rkt Faster

Decorating By whit6 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 5:10pm by whit6

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 4

So i totally spaced the fact the i should have done my RKT poriton of my cake a few days ago to let it harden. Now im afraid it will be too soft and fall aprt but i dont have forever to wait, si how can i get it to harden faster. I know some people freeze it but that will only keep it hard for a little while, so whats the next best option? Put it in my dehydrator or in the oven for a few minutes? WHat do you think?

3 replies
whit6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 4

Tried the dehydrator for a little while and it seemed like it made it worse.....any ideas?????

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 4

I would think anything that has heat would make the RKT soften. I make RTK without the butter. You'll need to use it asap as it hardens quickly, as soon as the marshmellow firms up. Also, try brushing them with a light coat of corn syrup and let that harden. This is what workd for me.

whit6 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your reply. I used store bought RKT but next time i will make my own and leave out the butter like you said so it will harden faster. I ended making a batch of royal icing and covering the piece with it and let it dry. Made it nice and hard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%