Help In Pricing

Decorating By MZ_G_FUNK Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 6:11am by CeeTee

MZ_G_FUNK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MZ_G_FUNK Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:06am
post #1 of 8

OK so this lady would like a rough estimate on these cakes. She wants to know how much if the flowers are silk? fresh? can some please help me in pricing these cakes????
LL

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:19am
post #2 of 8

You need to know what sizes she needs and then decide what your price per serving is. Damask and flowers are extra. If they are real flowers, have her florist provide them instead of you trying to match them.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #3 of 8

I'll answer the flower part, because that's really easy.

You do not provide the flowers.

If she wants silk flowers, she buys them, washes them, bags them and brings them to you

If she wants fresh flowers, she calls the florist who drops the flowers at the venue for you.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #4 of 8

she wants a price on all 6 cakes?

MZ_G_FUNK Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:31am
post #5 of 8

ah u ladies rock!!! she wants a rough estimate on these cakes I guess to see which one meets her price range. I have never done a damask cake so I have no clue on pricing for that. I would assume you use fondant on damask?? As far as the sizes I will assume as the pictures. Does it make sense??

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:46am
post #6 of 8

Those cakes are all sizes, some are 4 tier, some are 3. You need to know how many servings they need and go from there. Yes, damask is usually done on fondant.

MZ_G_FUNK Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:08am
post #7 of 8

here another price question that doesnt pertain to my previous. how much do u charge for gumpaste tropical flowers like hibicus, lilys, fantasy etc..

back to my previous question can i just get a rough estimate so i at least know if im anywhere close to what someone would charge for these cakes? i do understand the details as far as bc or fondant, pan size, etc.. but im hoping some one out there can see these cakes and say " i would roughly charge......" anybody???

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:11am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ_G_FUNK

back to my previous question can i just get a rough estimate so i at least know if im anywhere close to what someone would charge for these cakes? i do understand the details as far as bc or fondant, pan size, etc.. but im hoping some one out there can see these cakes and say " i would roughly charge......" anybody???

Problem is no one can do that because only you know how much your materials and overhead cost, and how much you think your time is worth. You will never learn how to properly price a cake if you rely on the "I would roughly charge" method.

Cake Boss has a wonderful FAQ which will tell you everything you need to know. Definitely read it!

http://www.cakeboss.com/PricingGuideline.aspx

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%