Anyone Insured In Massachusetts?

Business By michgowell Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 11:14am by bakershusband

michgowell Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:49am
post #1 of 6

I am getting licensed in MA and am looking into insurance. So far my adjuster thinks it's going to run me about $700 for the year. It seems like people are getting insured for much much less. If you are insured in mass can you tell me roughly what you pay, your coverage and who it's through? I don't think I can justify $700 yet, I am just starting!! icon_sad.gif


5 replies
drakegore Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 6

I'm in the process and i have a quote from my agent of $500 for $1m coverage. I live in Newburyport and am using the Chase and Lunt agency (and for the life of me, i cannot remember the actual insurance company they based their quote on but i will dble check my papers and try to get back to you).


michgowell Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 6

That would be great thank you. Even $500 is better than $700!!!

dreamcakesmom Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 6

I am in the process of dealing with my agent to get pricing and hoping to get pricing within he next couple days. SO nice to see some other MA bakers. Do you both have commercial space or work from home. I am in the process of trying to find a commercial kitchen and wondering what reasonable pricing is for commercial (non retail ) space is in SE mass. Any feedback is super appreicated

preciouspjs Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6

if you ever need help in your bakeries let me know icon_smile.gif I'm trying to find someone to learn from!!

bakershusband Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 11:14am
post #6 of 6

I am in Central Mass and have been quoted in the 700 range as well for 1 mil in a commercial kitchen space with no retail front. Trying to find better but that seems to be the standard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%